So… this is way overdue. Last year around this time I received a baby carrier from Baby Bjorn and it set off a huge nesting alarm; what the heck did I need when I got home from the hospital – and by what I need, I mean what I needed for Louis. This does not include decor or toys, but I did add a little extra on online shops I love. This is literally a survival list. I know it’s a lot, but you’ll thank me!
- Diapers by Coterie – you will need these when you want to take photos of the baby. Can also bring to hospital.
- Swaddlers Diapers by Pampers – let’s just say, less mess. Recommend size 1 for newborn. Get a size 2 just in case.
- Baby Wipes by Honest – I’ve used them all, love these from Honest.
- A+D Ointment – Verrrrrrry important, nothing worse than a diaper rash!
- Diaper Pale by Munchkin – this one has Arm and Hammer inside to get rid of smell, I like it, it does the job.
- Baby Thermometer by Braun – I have this, I love it. You just place it on their forehead.
- Gas Relief by Milicon – Most babies have colic… this helps gas. Trust me. Also, ask Dr. before you use!
- Baby Tylenol – Just in case.
- Infant Pacifier by Philips Avent – Babies love these, especially newborns.
- Stain Remover by OxyClean – You’re kid is gonna spit up everywhere.
- Detergent by Honest – Clean detergent. Does the job. Love it.
- Changing Table by Delta – Great price and meets safety standards. You can change hardware to match the room.
- Baby Swing by Fisher Price – If you need to place your baby somewhere to relax while you do things. I’ve used fancy ones, and this one is honestly the best.
- Changing Pad by GOTS – for changing baby. You’ll stop using around 5 months if your kid is active.
- Changing Pad Covers – You’ll want to switch it up.
- Newborn Essentisals Kit by Frida Baby – Love this brand so much, they are known for their postpartum kits, but this one is amazing and we love it.
BRANDS I LOVE
- Baby Bottles by Avima – I tried SO MANY BOTTLES. Louis loved these the most. He still uses them.
- Feeding Pillow by Boppy – Even if you’re not breastfeeding, best way to feed a newborn.
- Breaspump by Avent – For the ten minutes I was breastfeeding, I had this. I liked it.
- Formula by Similac – Even if you’re breastfeeding, you never know. It’s good to have supplement.
- Bottle Brush – Need to clean the bottles.
- Bottle Cleaner by Dapple – You can’t use your own dish soap, so this one is great.
- Bottle Sterilizer by Baby Brezza – I had this, loved it.
- High Chair by Stokke – the chair I wish I had. Apparently this is recommended by Drs. And easiest to clean.
- Bibs by Silly Bibz – Ok, these are pricey, but they’re durable as hell and don’t leak through.
- Digital Alarm Clock by Jall – Not to remind you of why you’re going to be so tired, but SO important to help time feedings.
- Elephant Hamper – I have this, and we love it.
- Hats – Baby has to be warm!
- Mittins – So they don’t scratch themselves at night.
- Onesies – these hold up diapers so no leaking. Important!
- Mobile by Tiny Love – Neseccary until you start sleep training!
- Swaddles by SwaddleMe – Let me put this simply:You will not fucking survive without this.
- Bassinet Sheets by Burt’s Bees – You’re going to change these out more than you think.
- Crib Sheets by Touched by Nature – Organic cotton, and so so cute.
- Sound Machine by Hatch Baby – I don’t know how he would have slept without this. The white noise is everything! I love it.
- Bassinet by Simmons – Your baby will be in this thing for a month. Don’t get an expensive one. Focus more on safety.
- Crib by Delta – Safety is on point. We use this in NJ.
- Glider by Best Chairs – I don’t have this. But I sat in it 100x and want it so bad.
- Bathtub by Fisher Price – easy. You do not need a fancy tub. In fact, you’re going to HATE a fancy tub. The simpler the better.
- Bucket by SkipHop Moby – So you don’t get water in their eyes.
- Bath Towel and Wash Cloth Set by Baby Starters – Again, babies lose their body heat easily, you need a towel with a hood.
- Hair Brush by Dream Baby – If your bebe has a head of hair.
- Grooming Kit – This has all the essentials.
- Baby Shampoo and Body Wash by Burts Bees – We have tried many different things, went for a natural approach, and landed on this.
- Body Cream by Honest – What we use. All natural. Love the smell.
- Diaper Bag by Caraa Sport – has every compartment and is also a backpack which makes travel so easy. Men also don’t mind wearing it.
- Changing Mat
- Car Seat (and Stroller) by Doona – This car seat is also a stroller… a bit heavy to handle, but the best gift we got from our siblings. Louis still uses it at 8 months, and taking him for walks in it while we are away is nice.
- Baby Car Mirror – You’ll want this, trust me!
- Blanket – Microfiber blankets are the warmest.
- Bugaboo Fox Stroller – We love this stroller, currently in NJ. It’s amazing for holding things below and so smooth.
- Baby Bjorn – So… not even for the fact that this chills your newborn out, but in case an emergency and you can’t throw baby in a stroller, it’s ALWAYS good to have this lying around.
RETAILERS I LOVE